Being an entrepreneur in Oman can be something! But you
never know what that thing is until you get involved from the beginning and
experience the difficulties that every single person suffers to get through for
success.
I used to work in a government sector for 10 years and at
some stage if felt that I am missing something out there. I felt that I was
stopped from expressing myself and if I do so I used to get judged by others
for being different and not like them and that to them meant that I was Big
Mistake to be Omani!
Since that time I insisted on leaving my job and saying good
bye to my retirement. Of course that was not accepted by my family and neither
my friends. And that created distance between me and them!
But, that didn’t stop me from following my dream of getting
out of the box and learn new stuff. I wanted to see how people live and what
they think and what they experience in their lives away from the work
environment.
Despite the fact that I never had any business experience
and never studied business, I decided to challenge myself and go for it. I registered my company before leaving my job
and I started studying about setting up business through the UK editions on
DUMIES books that were related to business and business plans. Trust me it
worked well with me.
After 6 months I left my job and that was the disaster with
my family. They thought I was crazy and out of my mind. I tried to explain to
them that life doesn’t stop without a government job and we have to move on
with life in a different perspective, but I couldn’t convince them!
I kept going and said time will show what I am trying to do
and there is no point in pushing it to convince them to trust me.
With my own funding I set up everything and that makes me
even work harder to reach to something I will be proud of in the future.
Amazing Maryouma - i remember a very motivating poem about pursuing your dream - i am posting it here - you can share it if you wish to:
ReplyDeletePursue Your Dreams
Accepting the truth, doesn't mean,
you have to let go, of your dreams.
After all, what is, the way it seems?
Going after your hearts desire, is
admirable, I'd have to agree. If you
don't pursue your dreams, how
would you know, what could be?
Some, are afraid to take the risk
and still live in a dream world.
They're too timid, to make the first
move. How can anyone know, what
they can accomplish, if they don't
get in the groove. All you can do, is
give it a whirl, you never know, what's
at stake. Come on, don't be afraid,
show you have courage, for heavens
sake!
Audrey Heller
So go ahead fearlessly & pursue your dreams, with you "dream hunk" by your side
Proud of you Maryam, wishing you all the best of the best in your life.
ReplyDeleteThank you Dr. for your comment it is so inspiring..
ReplyDeleteNasser Thank you for your support you guys motivate me always
Maryam, please continue to write about your entrepreneurial experience. You can be an inspiration to many Omani women...be their light!
ReplyDelete